We traditionally view authentication as a cost to our businesses but of course it is really an investment. This narrated Powerpoint presentation on anti-counterfeiting as a business opportunity is based on a talk I gave earlier this year. I hope it provides some new ideas and different ways of looking at brand protection activities.
The way to get rid of counterfeiters is to squeeze them out of business by applying the same business competitiveness principles we use in other areas of business. We still need to do the criminal enforcement stuff, but commercial muscle needs to be applied too.
If you like it, please retweet this page or comment below when you’ve watched the presentation. Remember to sign up for our mailing list on the right of this page too.Continue Reading
- Those key partners whose security you trust and have audited. Don’t assume.
- Those that you need to use/retain but which have correctable security flaws
- Those with big security issues, or capabilities fully duplicated by suppliers in 1 and 2
- Design and conduct the survey as scientifically and as systematically as possible to avoid bias
- Look in unofficial markets and bazaars as well as shiny downtown stores
- Check the backwaters as well as the big cities
- Measure emerging countries as well as major economies
- Do not tip off vendors about the purpose of your purchase